- Clean your gold jewelry once in a while. You can use your bathing lotion, shampoo or dish soap to clean them. Soak the jewelry in the any of the above said diluted in warm water for few minutes and clean properly using a brush and pat dry.
- If your need to deal with chemicals like chlorine, make sure that your are not bringing your gold jewelry to frequent contact with them.
- Always keep your gold jewelry in a jewel box, each jewelry in separate box or wrap each of them in soft paper or cloth to avoid scratches and getting tangled.
- Often gold jewelry tend to get dented, broken. stones comes out etc, Give the gold jewelry to repair only to trusted gold shops
- Try to remove the gold jewelry while you take bath and sleep, this reduc the damage on the jewelry.
- You can clean your silver jewelry the same way mentioned to clean the gold jewelry.
- One thing to be taken care is to completely wipe off the moisture content and oil content from the silver jewelry to avoid tarnish.
- Compared to gold silver get tarnished quickly, so frequent contact with moisture, oil, salt, eggs, woods, even latex gloves tamper the silver quality.
- Try to remove the jewelry when you take your shower.
- Wear your silver jewelry once you apply your make up and body spray and remove it before removing your make up.
- Store your silver jewelry separately covered in a tarnish free cloth in a box.
Platinum rings and necklaces are gaining its popularity.Being a strong metal its easy to care platinum jewelry. A good polish to the jewelry can remove all the scratches.Being the most finest and purest jewelry platinum is most expensive. Store them in a separate box. Clean them once in a while in jewelry cleaner and rinse in Luke warm water.
- Diamonds are most precious and attractive among stone jewelry. Always Store diamond jewelry in a separate box not in contact with each other or other jewelry, being the hardest gemstone it can easily make scratches on other jewelry as well as on them.
- Avoid wearing diamonds when you deal with chlorine bleach or doing rough work, it may damage the texture of the jewelry.
- Pearls are extremely delicate and soft jewelry. Being an organic gem it tend to get tempered if exposed to chemicals or acids.( It includes your cosmetics, perfume, soap, dish wash etc).
- Use a soft cloth to wipe the pearl jewelry after use to remove the dirt, sweat etc. Store the pearl jewelry in a separate box after covering it with a soft cloth or in velvet cloth.
- Show your pearl and diamond jewelry to your jeweler once in a while to find out the damage or color fade if happened.
- Always wear the jewelry post your make up and remove them before you remove your make up.
- Avoid exposing your Gem stones to x- rays.
- Remove your Gem stone before taking a pool bath.
- The best way to cleanse the gem stone is to hold them in fresh running water.
Hope the above tips are useful for you. Preserve your jewelry, It’s your asset. 🙂