Social Media is so powerful that it can create opportunities and a new world order; on the flip side, it can destroy everything. Relationships, friendships, business, marketing and more are done through social media. By the entrance of smart phones and applications, social media became a unavoidable part in our life. We no more say Hey, how are you doing, instead we say Howdy?, Wassup!!! etc . If used in abundance these things can happen our relationships. Over Dosage of Social Media apps is injurious to family life. 🙂
Today’s world, people find it difficult to go out meet friends & have some fun. The definition of friends had changed with a new meaning altogether. Earlier friends were those people with whom we used to spend time in real life. Now with social media apps, people make friends in the Cyber-world & spend time there. The first thing I (many of you) does after waking up is unlock the phone to read updates or post or both in my social media apps. I find this good in a way that, it reduced the communication gap between people. Now instead of calling and telling people to meet at some place, a facebook update, four square checkin or Whatsapp message is enough. Also, it keeps us in touch with people irrespective of how far you are physically.
People get to see weddings and other things live even when they are far away, thanks to instagram & vine. Like I said earlier, every powerful thing comes with a flip side and we should know that in order to use it in the right way. I have seen many husband wife chatting at home sitting next to each other instead of talking face to face. The children who watches this may take this as a lesson which can be big problem later.
- Too many Social Media app can slower your phone as well as your normal life.
- When you are at home, you should spend time with your family rather than focusing on the news, updates and whatsapp chats.
- At work, it is better to mute the phone/social media app else, you will be disturbed by the non-stop alerts and updates.
- Use the right dosage of Social media in life, spend life in real world.
- Usage of phone while driving is not good, especially using social media while driving is a stupid risk.
- Instead of having 1000+ virtual friends in Social Media, it is good to have some good friends in real world.
- Social media apps if not used properly, this can be a disease which can spread throughout your family.
- If you see danger run for your life instead of posting it on social media along with a selfie. 😛
- Too many selfies and selfie posts will not make you look cool in real life.
Like many other things, social media & apps are also a boon to us if used smartly. Its we who should decide whether life needs to be “YOLO” or Happy 🙂