Street shopping is a must in the things to do list when you visit a new city. In the case of Delhi, one such markets which is famous for Street shopping is Sarojini market and every single delhi’ite might have visited this place at least once. Your Delhi trip is never complete without the street shopping in Sarojini market :D. While you shop in Sarojini Market, it becomes Street Shopping Spree :D.
You will get anything and everything in Sarojini market from t-shirts to home decor, kitchenware, footwear and what not, not for the brand conscious crowd though. I thought of sharing a few tips actually my experience while shopping in Sarojini Market
- First and the foremost, keep enough money with you. Don’t plan to go to the market (Sarojini market) and withdraw money, you’ll find long queue in front of ATM’s in Sarojini market. Look what happened to us last weekend. :|. I’m one among them and stood there for more than 30mnts..
- Try to shop during weekdays. Sarojini market is gonna be crazily crowded during weekends. My husband goes mad seeing the crowd 😀
- Carry a shopping bag with you to carry the items you shopped. The shop keeper will give you a very small polythene cover which is not environment friendly. Also you can buy a shopping bag from Sarojini market which will cast you not more than 50 bucks.
- Bargain Bargain!! yes the mantra of street shopping, Do follow it strictly 😛 . (At timse the fixed price shops too will give you discounts if you are good in the art of bargaining 😉 )
- Wear a pair of super comfy footwear, you’ll need to walk a lot during your shopping. Don’t even think of wearing heels.
- Watch out your wallet and valuables. Try to wear minimal ornaments, chances of pick-pocketing is too high in such streets.
- Do check the item thoroughly before buying, there are chances of damage and you cannot exchange, especially in the case of bags and wallets check the zip and stitches. If you are buying a t-shirt or kurti make sure it fits you as there are no changing room in many of the stores.
- It’s always better to shop during the morning time which is after 10.30 am , It is said that the fresh stock is opened during this time and you’ll get the best pieces.
- Never get carried away by the smart sales tactic of the sales man. Buy what you want and what you’ll use. Otherwise you will end up buying too many things (some not necessary). This happens to me every time 🙁
- Carry a bottle of water, a scarf and shades during summers, And most important Do not forget to apply sunscreen.
These are something which i try to follow while shopping in Sarojini market. Do share your experience and ideas on street shopping. 🙂 I am sure, everyone will have something to share 😀