Street shopping is a must in the things to do list when you visit a new city. In the case of Delhi, one such markets which is famous for Street shopping is Sarojini market and every single delhi’ite might have visited this place at least once. Your Delhi trip is never complete without the street shopping in Sarojini market :D. While you shop in Sarojini Market, it becomes Street Shopping Spree :D.
You will get anything and everything in Sarojini market from t-shirts to home decor, kitchenware, footwear and what not, not for the brand conscious crowd though. I thought of sharing a few tips actually my experience while shopping in Sarojini Market
- First and the foremost, keep enough money with you. Don’t plan to go to the market (Sarojini market) and withdraw money, you’ll find long queue in front of ATM’s in Sarojini market. Look what happened to us last weekend. :|. I’m one among them and stood there for more than 30mnts..
- Try to shop during weekdays. Sarojini market is gonna be crazily crowded during weekends. My husband goes mad seeing the crowd 😀
- Carry a shopping bag with you to carry the items you shopped. The shop keeper will give you a very small polythene cover which is not environment friendly. Also you can buy a shopping bag from Sarojini market which will cast you not more than 50 bucks.
- Bargain Bargain!! yes the mantra of street shopping, Do follow it strictly 😛 . (At timse the fixed price shops too will give you discounts if you are good in the art of bargaining 😉 )
- Wear a pair of super comfy footwear, you’ll need to walk a lot during your shopping. Don’t even think of wearing heels.
- Watch out your wallet and valuables. Try to wear minimal ornaments, chances of pick-pocketing is too high in such streets.
- Do check the item thoroughly before buying, there are chances of damage and you cannot exchange, especially in the case of bags and wallets check the zip and stitches. If you are buying a t-shirt or kurti make sure it fits you as there are no changing room in many of the stores.
- It’s always better to shop during the morning time which is after 10.30 am , It is said that the fresh stock is opened during this time and you’ll get the best pieces.
- Never get carried away by the smart sales tactic of the sales man. Buy what you want and what you’ll use. Otherwise you will end up buying too many things (some not necessary). This happens to me every time 🙁
- Carry a bottle of water, a scarf and shades during summers, And most important Do not forget to apply sunscreen.
These are something which i try to follow while shopping in Sarojini market. Do share your experience and ideas on street shopping. 🙂 I am sure, everyone will have something to share 😀
65 thoughts on “Street shopping Spree: Shopping in Sarojini market”
I love sarojini nagar mkt…beautiful clicks…
when i was in delhi i used to go a lot ….i spend my 6 yrs in delhi n fully njoyed shopping with my friends in sarojini,lajpat <3..so love this post a lot…
my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2014/05/bourjois-kohl-and-contour-noir-expert.html
thank dear, you must be missing your Delhi days right
Sarojini indeed is a heaven for us shopaholics! I’ve picked up Bershka, MNG, Zara export rejects from here. Really helpful tips too. Also, It’s always good to carry small notes. Helps better in bargaining. You’re more likely to over spend if you don’t have change and the shopkeeper says he dosn’t have 20 rupees to return.
yes! that’s a point to add Pallavi. 🙂
Lovely tips! I viaited the marlket long time back with my friends and it was an amazing experience! Friends plus Sarojini market was a double dose of fun!!! 🙂
sarojini market is just awesome 😀
some really cool and wise tips.
thanks Ana 🙂
I have been in Delhi for last 4 years and haven’t visited Sarojini market yet :(. Very helpful tips.
Oops that’s shocking :O
Wonderful, i would like visit this city!
Do visit Delhi, you’ll have lot of fun 🙂
This post reminded me of my graduation days. the last time I went to Sarojini was 8 years back with my bestest buddies. Miss it soo much.. Anyways, you must have had lots of fun there !
Street shopping with bestest buddies is the best na?
oh dear! such a lovely post!
ooh you have totally reminded me of my old days, shopping in Sarojini.. It used to be so much fun.. I miss that badly… All these tips… super awesome and helpful.. been there.. done that 🙂
good old days with friends is something we can cherish ever, 🙂
Informative and nice clicks dear
thanks dear 🙂
Wow beautiful market!
Don’t Call Me Fashion Blogger
It is dear 🙂
Cool photos and useful tips sweetheart.
The Indian Savage Diary
glas you loved it margaret 🙂
So cool pics! <3
It-Girl Facebook page
Awesome post dear I just love shopping at sarojini market but its been really long since I didnt go there for shopping…:-)
aww.. you should go there often, its fun 😀
Great post dear,i visisted sarojni mrkt just ones and loved it, i bought soo many stuff from there 😀
hahaha thats quite common 😉
So lovely place !
I love love shopping in Sarojini market and I’m an expert in bargaining 😀 this is a lovely post, all the tips are really handy for shopping in Sarojini market!
same pinch, we might meet in sarojini someday 😉
Hey amazing insights there! Sarojini Nagar is, was and always will be a very special place for all us Delhi girls..Living here and not shopping at Sarojini is seriously criminal. You really took me to my college days .Great post!
that’s so true you may shop from which ever place nothing like sarojini 😉
Have a nice week
same to you 🙂
Julie | http://www.juliechagas.com/
I love shopping and nothing to do with shopping.. Loved the pictures and the post…
same pinch 😀
Very nice tips sweetie, I’ll remember these tips while shopping there. Great post <3 Kisses <3
thanks dear 🙂
Great pictures <3
I love these types of market! reminds me of home 🙂
where is your home?
I love Sarojinini Market…I visited there only once but the variety is so awesome!
You have taken amazing clicks…Nd lovely details dear! 🙂
no doubt sarojini is girls favorite for its variey and cost 😛
I have never been to delhi.. nice to visit it virtually now 😀 thanks fr sharing!
Do plan your delhi trip next winters Nats 😀
I agree street shopping is a bliss in Sarojini market but I am very bad at bargaining so I rarely go for street shopping :-p
Nice tips for the perfect shopping experience 🙂
aww.. if your bad at bargaining street shopping is tough.
these are great clicks… love ur tips
thanks Kamar 🙂
hehe. I do remember that PNB ATM as I stood there too to withdraw some cash. 🙂 I love that market though!
hehe.. we had a horrible experience that day
Great tips dear.. It has been years that I have been to this place.. though i would love to go but I need a company as I am not good in bargaining.. 😛
haha I take my hubby with me 😉 though he is very bad at bargaining 😀
thanks for the helpful tips dear!!!!
you are most welcome sweetie 🙂
All points put very aptly..Infact i couldnt smile looking at the atm pic,,,,happens to me all the time 🙂
Lovely Virtual Tour 😉 – Nice Clicks Dear 🙂
Comments are closed.