It’s recipe day again. We thought we will share one of our favorite non-vegetarian dish. 😀 . I am sure you have tried chicken in different types of cuisines like chicken curry, chicken fry, grilled chicken, tandoori chicken (my favorite 😉 ) Chilli Chicken and many many more. Well, I’m not gonna talk about any of these today. Have you guys tried Chicken Stew? If not, you can try that at home with our recipe
Chicken – 1\2 Kg
Potato – 1 medium
Onion – 1 Big
Carrot – 1
green chilly – 2
ginger – 1 small piece
Oil – 2 tablespoon
coconut milk: 1 cup
crushed black pepper: 1 teaspoon
cloves – 4 Nos
cinnamon – 1 small stick
Bay leaf – 1
cardamom – 3 Nos
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the whole garam masala (crush cardamom), chopped ginger, onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, potato, green chilly and the chicken pieces, add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, cover the lid and allow the chicken and vegetables to cook.
- After 5 minutes add the crushed black pepper and curry leaves; cook in low flame
- Once chicken is almost cooked add the coconut milk, chopped coriander leaves, and cook for 2 minutes
Yummy Chicken Stew is ready, start eating now……….
- Coconut milk: you’ll get ready made coconut milk. You can also dilute coconut powder and prepare coconut milk.
- Oil: For the authentic taste it’s better to cook in coconut oil. You can use any refined oil if you do not like coconut oil.
- The quantity of green chilly and crushed black pepper can be adjusted as per your spice level, I usually makes spicy chicken stew 😀
- You can add more vegetables like beans, peas etc.
- Also, you can make chicken stew without vegetables, potato is a must though. Increase the quantity of chicken in that case.
- You can prepare this in Pressure cooker too 😀
- The perfect combination for chicken stew is appam ( will share the recipe soon) . You can also have it with dosa, idli, naan, ghee rice etc.
So what are you waiting for, Chicken stew is easy to prepare tasty and different from usual chicken currys 😀