I have seen many people who get enough time for their pets, but when it comes to spending time with their grand parents they act as if all the worldly issues are on their head. It’s really sad that we don’t even bother to give 10 minutes of our time for them. Yes, its true that they talk a lot, their stories include bits of history which we are not interested, they do give outdated opinions, interfere in everything etc, but if at all you think about it, it’s all out of their love for us, their’s are the most pure and unselfish kind of love. You will never feel their agony until you reach that age. Ain’t we missing something?
Some prejudice is always there in grand children’s mind ,
- They come & sit with us to watch TV not because they are interested to watch it but they love to discuss about the show more.
- We are always lean in their eyes, that’s just normal. No matter how obese you are they are always gonna say that 😀
- Please don’t laugh at them whenever they give opinions or suggestion, you can at least ignore it.
- Giving advice is their routine work, just smile for it rather than giving rude answers.
- They are physically weak, they will take time to reach us when we are walking together, please don’t complain about it that you shouldn’t have come 🙁 .
- They don’t have FB, whatsapp or anything to contact others. Their children and their grand children’s are their world 🙂 .
- Don’t forget that your children are watching you how u behave with your grand parents.
- Don’t forget to call them on special days, you can never imagine what does it means to them.
And if we can’t spend time with them try to boost their interest in something. Like if they are interested in gardening gift some gardening tools or plants, if they are interested in books at least try to read a page a day for them etc. I know money and gift can’t give them happiness, its our presence they value the most. But still something is better than nothing right? No matter how much we argue with them, eventually we always know that they were right. So before it’s too late , try to understand the value of our grandparents because they won’t be with us for a long time. Spare 5 minutes a day – if not for you, at least for them.
Remember, as a kid we have received the most special tips from grand parents in Curing diseases(specially those magical medicines which heals the wound by next day 🙂 ), cooking yummilicious food, blending with nature and most important lessons of bravery & courage. Also how can we forget those bedtime stories…
Hope after reading this you all will definitely give them a call 😀