We love footwear. We shop them as there is no tomorrow. Right girls?? 😛 I can never have enough footwear in my closet. Every time I go shopping I never miss a visit to my favorite footwear brands 😀 . When it comes to the wedding footwear it’s more special and one of the most important part of wedding shopping 😀 Let me share a few points which I kept in mind while shopping my wedding foot wear.
- First and most important, comfort. Buy what you are comfortable wearing. If you don’t get the right one keep hunting and you’ll get your perfect wedding footwear. ( I shopped what I liked but later wore what I was comfortable in, on my wedding day 😛 )
- Always have a Plan-B.Keep an extra footwear in case you are not comfortable or if something goes wrong ( from personal experience 😛 )
- Keep your outfit in mind while you purchase your wedding foot wear. What you buy should complement your wedding wear and trousseau.
- Select a footwear which you can wear again after wedding, rather than going for matching shoes with dress you can try golden, silver etc which complements your wedding lehenga/ sari/gown.
- Do not keep the wedding footwear packed till wedding day. Start wearing and practicing at home. At times new footwear may give you shoe bite which will be really painful on wedding day and trust me you don’t want that.
- Pointed heels are ideal wedding footwear, but wear them only and only if your are comfortable in them. You get nice flats and wedge heels which would go with your wedding outfit.
- If wearing a toe ring is mandatory in your wedding try getting the footwear which will not hurt you with the toe ring or vice a versa 😀
- Watch your groom’s height before you go for wedding footwear shopping. It would be best if you look at least an inch shorter than him 😀
- If you are planning for a beach wedding venue select a nice foot jewelry instead of footwear and a very simple foot wear which you can remove easily (of course with no heels). You can also opt bare foot with foot jewelry if you are comfortable.
These are few points based on my own experience :), you can add on more below. What did you wear on your D Day or do you have any dream foot wear for your D day? 🙂 And if you need “shoespiration” (shoe+inspiration! in my head shoe porn :P:P ) visit our previous blog here.
Image courtesy here.
16 thoughts on “When you Select your Wedding Footwear…”
Such pretty pictures 🙂
And you can buy the argan oil hair pack at healthkart 🙂
thanks a lot Naomi, I will check them in healthcare 🙂
I want all of these, these are so gorgeous, your tips are really going to be handy and helpful, I’m bookmarking all these for future reference, thanks for sharing such tips and tricks.
Thank you darling :*
You provide Lovely Tips for the brides to be! These will definitely be handy fo the brides 🙂
These are very simple ones but we tend to forget 😀
Very nice tips, I AGREE instead of typical red, one should go for silver or golden that can be paired with other outfits as well!
Nice post with lovely pics!
All from pure experience ;). I haven’t touched my red sandals after wedding 😐
These are some superb tips honey…really useful and helpful…I agree that comfort comes first when you select footwears…:-)
Thank you dear 🙂
Finding the right shoe for wedding is hell lotts pain i spent 3 days to get mine.. but loved the ones u added in pics here.. <3
Those golden balerrinas are fab.. :-*
Awesome pointers 🙂 Really helpful. I can totally connect with the toe ring one, its very painful to wear peep toes with toe rings.
THanks soujanya. I Love ur name! It different! yaaa! The Toe ring one actually happened with my friend! It’s was so difficult to out her aldos in place and we never thot of the toe ring at all!!
Superb tips 🙂 Will surly keep these in mind when “my time” comes 😉
Comments are closed.