Happy Women’s Day to all beautiful Women out there. 8th March 2014 is celebrated Women’s Day which means we wish “Happy Women’s Day” on our social media networks, wish using other medium’s, may be help the women celebrate it by organizing events etc. Years passed by, things changed, internet invaded and celebrations started happening online more than offline. But again, let us think are women safe? Forget about a country, but around the globe the situation remains the same.
Women are considered weaker species even when they can achieve things that a man can’t achieve. Women are in every field; still it is a known fact that not all women can do the same thing a man does. Instead of expecting someone to help or system to be perfect or people to change, let the change start from within. Let the uprising begin in the form of simple small steps. On this women’s day, we at Theknotstory would like to share some basic tips and suggestions for women’s safety.
- Self-Protection is the best protection and easiest way is a bottle of pepper spray and a Swiss Army knife when you travel alone.Pepper Spray would cost you around Rs.300 and Swiss Army knife around Rs.1000.
- A Taser is also a good option, especially when travelling and it does come in Pink too 🙂
- When you meet a stranger and the person is coming closer, be a little cautious and avoid consuming food or drinks offered by him (parties, hotels, travel etc)
- Whenever a new friend request comes on your social media site, only add him if you know him or if you think he is worthy and good. Atleast do check his profile, posts and if possible a small scan of friends list.
- Online Friendships are pretty common. Most of them are online, but do make sure the person is genuine by some basic research about his online profile before meeting him personally.
- When you feel you are in trouble think the best damage you can do to the person and the shortest escape possible. Make noise and get people attention.
- Incase if you understand you are in trouble, try not to panic. Think whom to inform.
- If you are using a smartphone, make sure you have some app or atleast to keep some friends/near ones number (speed dial, voice dial etc) so that u can make a call immediately and let them know the current situation (location sharing etc too).
We never want to make you guys worried, but in today’s world the best way to live safe is to be safe. This starts from the point how alert we can be. All the above points are to ensure that Why should boys have all the fun? Go out, enjoy, live and party hard 🙂 Remember two things; Pepper Spray & Swiss Knife 😀
8 thoughts on “Happy Women's Day – A little about Safety”
Happy women’s day, these are some great tips to learn 😀
Happy women’s day to you too Arzoo 🙂
That’s a great idea to post some safety tips for today.. do check out my blog.. have posted something for women’s day as well..wish u a great day girl!
Thank you Rajvi 🙂
A very Happy Women’s Day to all…these are some very useful tips honey…thx a lot for sharing…:-)
Indeed! as no women is safe. Happy women’s day to you Rashmi 🙂
Very important tips mentioned and very informative post!
Thanks for sharing! 🙂
You are most welcome daring, Stay safe 🙂
Comments are closed.