Holi, the festival of colors is here. This is by far our favorite festival! I have noticed that some of us do not like to play Holi and the main reason behind this is the chemical colors which are easily available in the market. No one wants to spoil their well maintained skin, face and hair with those chemicals and specially if the D day is around!
So we thought of sharing a solution to this. You can play Holi without using artificial colors. Yes! let us make herbal Holi colors at home. A little time & effort on this and you can play a chemical free herbal Holi 😀 Sucha breather for your skin isn’t it! This is the beginning, let us be an example and lead the way. So here’s How you DIY herbal Holi colors :
- Yellow: Mix turmeric (haldi) with gram flour (besan) and there you get the herbal yellow. For wet yellow mix turmeric in water. Marigold Petals boiled in water and left over night also forms yellow color for Holi. This will repair your skin and help you de-tan too. How cool isn’t it 😛
- Red: Instead of using red color go for red sandal wood powder which is easily available in the market which is used for beauty treatments like face masks, so you are actually doing a face mask 😛 . For wet color boil red sandal wood powder in water and dilute. Also, dried petals of rose, hibiscus when ground gives you red color.
- Green: Mix natural henna powder in gram flour and forms the herbal dry green for Holi and when diluted in water forms wet green.You can apply henna on each other and play holy as well:P The paste of spinach/coriander leaves diluted in water also gives you nice green color. And with henna on your hair you need not worry about another spa treatment too 😛
- Magenta: Soak grated beetroot in water and leave for some time. For perfect magenta leave them over night.
- Brown: Black tea or black coffee when cold is the best herbal brown (of course with out sugar 😛 And it acts as a good exfoliator too)
- Saffron: The most expensive saffron when diluted in water and ground gives perfect saffron color. But I would suggest not to play suchan expensive Holi. 😀 . Boil palash flower petals in water and leave over night.
- Blue: Dried Jacaranda flower or blue hibiscus when ground forms herbal blue.
- Black: Dilute nicely ground black grape in plenty of water and you get black herbal color.
Our Tips on Playing Holi with colors:
- Apply oil on your face and hair before you start playing Holi. This will make the color removal little much easier. You can use extra virgin olive oil. I prefer it as I don’t like the coconut oil fragrance.
- Apply nail paints to keep the nails protected from Holi colors.
- Try not to wear your lens on Holi. Protect your eyes from the colors. Not every one will use herbal colors.
- Don’t be rude, stay clam and enjoy Holi 😀
So guys, share your best Holi experience with us.
PS: I am posting this blog a bit earlier so that you guys have the weekend to prepare the herbal colors 😀 and enjoy a Happy and Healthy Holi. Remember, the herbal colors act a bit like cosmetic too 😉 And don’t forget to tell me how and which colors did you prepare!!! 😀