Dandruff is one common problem faced by many and it becomes severe during winters. It is a condition of the scalp that causes flakes of skin to appear causing itching and irritation. There are numerous shampoos and hair oils in market who claims to kill this problem but none of them give a 100% result, rather result in hair fall and dryness. There are a number of DIY dandruff treatments which are more effective and safe for hair, Just that you need to spare a little time for yourself. 🙂
- Neem leaves: This is the easiest, Neem leaves are known for its medicinal value. Boil neem leaves in water and rinse your hair with this water after the regular hair wash. You can also apply neem leaves paste on your scalp and wash it after few minutes.
- Hot oil massage: Do a hot (Luke warm) oil massage with your favorite hair oil, use a cotton ball for massaging. You can combine coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil for best results.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and smash them, use the same water for the final rinse after your regular hair wash. You can also apply the fenugreek paste in your scalp along with your hair oil.
- Lemon: squeeze and rub lemon into your scalp to get rid of dandruff. You can also combine coconut oil and lemon and apply on scalp and hair and rinse after half an hour.
- Olive oil: These days use of olive oil is popularized both in kitchen and beauty care,. Yes! regular use of olive oil is one of the best remedy to get rid of dandruff. Make sure you use extra virgin olive oil for the same.
- Aloe vera gel: Apply aloe vera gel on your scalp and wash after half an hour. The anti fungal property of aloe vera helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Henna: Frequent henna treatment to the hair keeps dandruff away. You can also add eggs, alma powder etc to henna for best results.
- Vinegar: Apple cidar vinegar is an effective solution for dandruff. Either apply vinegar on your scalp or dilute the vinegar in water and rinse your hair with it after hair wash.
- Tulsi and amla: Tulsi is known for its healing power. Make a paste of tulsi and mix it with amla powder and apply on the scalp. Rinse after half an hour.
- Eggs: Eggs are best conditioner for hair making it soft and silky. Eggs helps to reduce dandruff too. Beat two eggs and apply on scalp and wash after an hour.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus flowers and leaves are the best for hair. They help to get rid of dandruff and strengthen the hair growth, also makes the hair soft and silky.You can apply the pulpy hibiscus paste on your scalp and rinse after few minutes.
Most of the above remedies are simple and take almost no time of yours. Hope these are helpful to get rid of your dandruff. Apart from this, certain care need to be taken from your end to keep dandruff away.
- Don’t share your comb/hairbrush and towels even with your soul mate 😛
- Keep your comb/hairbrush clean. Wash them using a tooth-brush and shampoo regularly.
- Drink lots of water. Try to keep yourself away from oily food and aerated drinks.
- Cover your head while travelling, going out in harsh sun and while using swimming pool.
For any suggestions/feedback/queries write to us: [email protected]
1 thought on “DIY Dandruff treatments”
Nice compilation..And yes these home remedies are ver effective. Reetha is also very good for dandruff infected scalp.
Comments are closed.