Like every other registration, for marriage registration we need to submit attested copies of several documents. Below is the detailed list.
- Application form signed by husband and wife.(newly wed couples)
- Evidence of date of birth (Birth certificate/School Leaving Certificate).
- Ration card/Passport/Voter Id card as residence proof.
- Affidavit by both the partied stating the place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage.
- Passport sized photographs of both the parties & one marriage photograph.
- Marriage Invitation Card, If available.
- Certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage. (normally you get a receipt at the venue where wedding was conducted).
- Certificate of conversion if either party is a convert from the priest who solemnized the marriage.
- Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship.
- Attested copy of the divorce decree, if applicable and death certificate of spouse if partner is a widow/Widower.
- Receipt from the cashier after paying the fee for registration.
The above documents are submitted along with the filled application form. The officer verifies it and gives a date for collecting marriage certificate.