We have written about recipe for the newly wed bride in our previous blog, about the custom where the bride need to prepare a sweet dish for her in laws after the wedding. Here we thought of giving recipe of another easy sweet dish for our bride. Gajar ka Halwa (carrot halwa) is one of the most yummiest and easy to prepare dessert which you can imagine of. It was my first venture in kitchen and it turned out too good (of course with the help of my mom 😉 ) You can serve Gajar ka Halwa as a dessert when you have guest at home after and you’ll become a star for sure 😀 . Here is the recipe for our newly wed bride.
Gajar ka Halwa:
Carrot grated 2 cups
Milk 2 cups
Sugar 1\3 cup (little less or more depending on your taste)
Cardamom powder 1\4 teaspoon
Cashew 4-5 Nos
Raisins 4-5 Nos
Ghee 2-3 table spoon
Mawa(khoya) 1/4 cup (thickened milk)
- Cook grated carrots in the milk in low flame for around 20-25 minutes. Keep stirring them so that hey wont stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the mixture thickens add sugar and ghee.
- keep cooking in low flame and stirring until the mixture is cooked and thickened.
- Add cardamom powered and khoya and continue stirring.
- After 3-4 minutes add roasted dry fruits and turn of the gas.
- There are two ways of cooking carrots, either (1) you can cook them in milk or (2) you can roast them in ghee and cook in milk
- mawa(khoya) is optional (also can be replaced with almond paste)
- You can serve Gajar ka Halwa hot or cold
- You replace ghee with oil if you are health conscious
Happy Cooking girls 🙂
Send in your feedback, suggestions, queries to [email protected]