- First and foremost, reduce the consumption of ghee and sugar, replace ghee with olive oil or any other edible oil or use a bit of ghee for the smell and taste along with oil. A small compromise on taste here will help you control your calories and health.
- Replace deep frying with baking where ever possible, and you will get a tasty but healthy sweet/snack.
- Replace sugar with natural sweeteners like dates fig, jaggery etc. There are a lot of dishes where you can replace sugar with jaggery like kheer.
- During festival season increase your workout timings. The reason is clear – more intake of calories during festivals, so more workout required to burn the extra calories.
- Try to avoid sweets from bakery as they contain chemical preservatives which will even damage your kidneys and liver.
- Say no to artificially sweetened soft drinks, Substitute them with fresh juice or tea/coffee.
- Opt for dry fruits like pista, cashew almonds over high calorie sweets.
I know its hard to restrict yourself during festival season from high calorie food and sweets, but a little control over them will keep you fit and happy.Wishing you all a happy Diwali in advance.
Write to us at email@example.com