We girls plan and dream a lot about our wedding and partner. When it comes to our wedding dress we’ll have a perfect idea about the color and pattern irrespective of which class (society) or from which country we are from. A beautiful wedding dress is a dream for each one of us. When the wedding is fixed a huge amount is kept aside for the wedding shopping. We have a number of rituals and functions before and after the wedding, and we need to find the perfect dresses for all these functions. But all of us are not capable of shopping as our wish. Our pocket won’t allow us to shop as our wish and dream.
For those who are planning for a budget wedding theknotstory have come with few tips which would be handy for you while doing your wedding shopping.
- The first thing to do is to have a clear idea of what you are going to wear on the wedding day and other functions. You have options like a nice saree or a salwar or lehenga choli or a nice gown. Also have a clear idea of the latest trends. This can be done by searching latest weddings, celebrities, fashion shows etc.
- Never do your wedding shopping in a mall. The beautiful dresses displayed in malls can be way too expensive than any other shops.
- Always do the wedding shopping in the wholesale textile market nearest to your locality. This will help you save a lot and get good quality material. More than anything you will find varieties of patterns, design and colors from such markets.
- Approach a good domestic tailor with design in your mind. Explain clearly how you want your dresses to be. Once you give your wedding dress for stitching its better to do frequent visit to the tailor to check the progress. This will help you to know whether the dress is being made as you want and if needed alterations can be made then and there.
- If you find good options during off season Sale, go ahead and buy it rather than buying the same thing at double the sale price later.
- Start the wedding shopping earlier and try to finish it at least a month before wedding.
- If you are not keen on keeping your wedding dress as a sweet memory of the wonderful day, there are rental bridal dress available in market. I personally do not suggest this.
1 thought on “Budget Wedding: Wedding dress for HER”
Comments are closed.