I recently noticed that we have been a little biased giving all the focus to the bride – her wedding dress, make up, hairstyle, skin care, hair care, jewelry, footwear and what not is discussed here. Let’s give little attention to our groom too, after all it is the perfect combo of beauty and smartness which form the perfect couple. Let’s have a small research on the trends in the wedding wear for groom.
- The perfect Suit – All time favorite: The never-fading trend among men is a perfect suit. You need not stick to the usual black suit, you can play with colors by pairing up a grey/silver suit with a light pink or blue shirt etc.. You can complete this look with a matching tie or a bow tie as per your choice.
- A Stylish Tuxedo: Choose a tuxedo if you want to be a bit more stylish and trendy. A black tuxedo jacket with satin lapel pin paired with a waist coat and bow would be my dream groom outfit 😛 You have options of colored bow ties, flower lapel, cummerbund instead of waist coat, tail coat instead of tuxedo jacket, pocket square and many more. Select a perfect tuxedo as per your choice but most importantly which fits your body shape.
- Indian Sherwani – Ethnic fashion: The sherwani has become the top choice in Indian weddings. You can give a pure royal look to your sherwani with the help of good designers; you can even modernize the sherwani without loosing its elegance.You also have a number of options to make the wedding Sherwani more stylish like by giving stylish cut, embroidery works stylish collars, pairing it with complementing stoles, jootis, turbans etc. If you are ready to shell out money you can get your wedding sherwani designed by popular designers.
- Designer Achkans: Those who need a change from Sherwani can give a trial for Achkans. Achkans are body fit long coats which have buttons in the front. Designer Achkans are perfect wedding attire and ethnic wear for all age groups. It suits you well if you are slim and fit 😀 You get designer Achkans with Zardozi work, crystal work, bead work, stone work etc..
- Jodhpuri Suits: It’s one of my favorite. Guys look smart in a black jodhpuri suit 😎 . It is one of the elegant & stylish traditional dresses which can be worn in any of the ceremonies during wedding. It has similar features of a western suit but the jacket is closed near the neck unlike the western jacket. The Jodhpuri jacket has a Nehru collar and can be well paired with a Nehru shirt. It is worn with matching color pants. Now a days you get hand embroidery, machine embroidery, etc done in the Jodhpuri suits. It’s you choice whether to pick an elegant and plain suit or modern Jodhpuri suit with embroidery work.
- Traditional Dhoti: Last but not the least, our own traditional dhoti.The groom needs to wear dhoti during the main wedding ceremony in many of the Indian communities. Dhoti has got different names in different places like dhotiyu in Gujarati, dhuti in Bengali, kacheche in Kannada, mundu in Malayalam, Veshti in Tamil, lacche in Punjabi, panche in marathi/telugu/Kannada etc.. similarly there are several ways of wearing dhoti.
- The style and the color of the dress chosen by you should complement the bride’s outfit.
- Select an outfit which suits your body shape.
- Select the right dress as per the venue & weather.
- The Footwear should suit your outfit. (A groom wearing floaters with sherwani is a real sore to the eyes)
Hope you guys would select the perfect wedding outfit for you. Feel free to write to us with your suggestions, queries, feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org