I remember when my wedding got finalized I just had two months to get things done including pre-bridal, wedding shopping and my estimated fitness regime. The first thing I said to my guy was “How am I going to finish shopping ever? “. We were in different cities, so shopping together was not an option! While I was expecting him to panic too he was as calm as the night’s ocean. All I got was don worry, its 60 days! I was almost about to get a nervous breakdown so he decided to help me plan my shopping. After the plan was ready I said ” Let’s plan your shopping”. The answer goes ” I don’t need to plan, I just need only a week or half to shop”. And believe me or not he literally shopped like four days before the first function and he was done! Men don’t really put that much a thought to their shopping isn’t it ? The way I shop is,see 10 things at 10 different places to make sure I buy the best one! And the way he shops is picks up 4 outfits in a shop if he likes it, he is good to go . The thought that he might have missed something better in other stores never crosses his mind! Coming back to today’s blog , giving you all this background was trust me needed So if you are wedding shopping for groom in Delhi in record-breaking 4 days I have some insightful list of places (if the brand is there in your city) you should try!
1. Study by Janak - A good mix of ethnic as well as modern stuff. The blazers always have something different going on . You can get a nice smart and a unique outfit at as good as 14k to 15k for your own functions. ideal place to shop for your sangeet or wedding sherwanis.
2. Launganis in South Extension Part I - It’s a good designer label, so they give you great suggestions and customize your suits too. They can give it to you as quick as 4- 5 days if in a hurry. Great place if you are on a lookout for blazer or a tux for your reception or other functions you can sure visit here.
3. V. Van Huesen - He got his reception blazer from here. So If you are a fan of ready-made clothes you could definitely try the store. Also if you want customized suits then the evergreen Raymond wouldn’t hurt. A complete blazer with half coat can be priced anywhere (depending on the fabric ofcourse) between 18 k to 22k approx.
4. Diwan Saheb South ex - If you love over the top fab designer groom wear this is the place to go.
5. Fab India - For pre wedding functions like Mata ki chowki, Haldi , Tikka or even just wearing it randomly when you have guests stocked in the house pre and post the wedding Fab India has a decent collection of simple yet good kurtis.
6. Manyavar - They have several stores in Delhi, we got his sherwani from here. Ideal for a decently priced sherwani. Good fabric collection and great designs too.
If you have some times in hand and want to check out more you could also visit the Pall Mall in south ex part II. It’s a expensive label but then again you get married once For formal shirts its always Blackberry’s and Van Heusen for the guy. Rest depends on what shirts fit you.
Have a happy shopping spree. Hope you find what you are looking for Also do not forget to read more on the groom’s outfits here.