- First and most important, comfort. Buy what you are comfortable wearing. If you don’t get the right one keep hunting and you’ll get your perfect wedding footwear. ( I shopped what I liked but later wore what I was comfortable in, on my wedding day )
- Always have a Plan-B.Keep an extra footwear in case you are not comfortable or if something goes wrong ( from personal experience )
- Keep your outfit in mind while you purchase your wedding foot wear. What you buy should complement your wedding wear and trousseau.
- Select a footwear which you can wear again after wedding, rather than going for matching shoes with dress you can try golden, silver etc which complements your wedding lehenga/ sari/gown.
- Do not keep the wedding footwear packed till wedding day. Start wearing and practicing at home. At times new footwear may give you shoe bite which will be really painful on wedding day and trust me you don’t want that.
- Pointed heels are ideal wedding footwear, but wear them only and only if your are comfortable in them. You get nice flats and wedge heels which would go with your wedding outfit.
- If wearing a toe ring is mandatory in your wedding try getting the footwear which will not hurt you with the toe ring or vice a versa
- If you are planning for a beach wedding venue select a nice foot jewelry instead of footwear and a very simple foot wear which you can remove easily (of course with no heels). You can also opt bare foot with foot jewelry if you are comfortable.
These are few points based on my own experience :), you can add on more below. What did you wear on your D Day or do you have any dream foot wear for your D day? And if you need “shoespiration” (shoe+inspiration! in my head shoe porn :P:P )
Image courtesy here.