Weddings are always fun and excitement, unless it is not yours 😛 . May it be your sibling’s or close friend’s or not so close friend’s or relative’s, wedding brings joy, excitement and happiness. We plan a lot before attending every wedding and if the wedding is during the extreme weather (be winter or summer) extra planning is required.
For eg: During winter weddings you need a matching jacket/ shawl or matching sweater with your outfit.
If it’s a summer wedding, again we need to think about the best way to look the best as well as stay fresh in the summer heat.
- First comfort and then fashion, that’s my mantra 😀 – For summers try to select lighter fabrics like chiffon, Georgette, crepe or a nice elegant cotton with chikan work etc. I personally can’t tolerate the sweaty summer and can’t imagine of wearing a velvet or satin lehenga during summers 🙁 . Wills India fashion week’s collection (here: day1 & day 2) were so summer friendly 🙂
- Stay hydrated – Drink loads of water. I know it would spoil your lip shade, but you can apply it again 😛
- Makeup – Don’t forget to choose an eye liner which do not smudge. Keep your blush and lipstick handy in purse. Brighter eyes and lips are what we love during summers 😀 (keep some blotting paper handy in your purse to sop the sweat and not the makeup)
- Foot wear – The best part about summer wedding is that I can wear my favorite heels unlike the shivery winter weddings where I have to pack my feet in thick socks 😐 . You can also choose trendy summer flats with bling which are high in fashion and most comfortable.
- Never avoid sunscreen if it’s a day wedding. The church weddings and south Indian weddings usually happen during day time. Sunscreen is a must for beach weddings too (not to mention 😛 )
- Add fun shades- Summers are all about bright shades. Paint your nails bright and try trendy nail art 🙂
- Hairstyle- I feel girls look prettier when they leave their hair open 😉 but in a summer wedding a better option is not to leave it open as you may sweat and won’t look good in wet hair after a dance. You can try fishtail braids, a messy bun, fresh or artificial flower on your bun and many more. Hair accessories can add style to your hair do.
I take care of these few things when I attend a summer wedding. How do you guys prepare for summer weddings?