A happy and beautiful home is each one of our dream. 🙂 Once you purchase, rent or lease a house you put it so much effort to make it look the way you want and to bring a sense belongingness. Home decor is an art and I would say, some are the best at it and some doesn’t bother. Curtains plays a vital role in home decor, especially in modern flat culture where there are more number of windows than walls 😀 It’s very important that you need to select the perfect curtains that complements your wall as well as furnishings.
Do keep in mind there tips while you shop curtains for your new home:
- Measurement: Take measurement of each door and windows. Before you decide to buy make sure those curtain pieces will suit your windows and doors. You can still alter if the curtains bought are larger but make sure the curtain you choose are not smaller.
- Fabric: There are umpty number of options in curtain fabric, simple cotton curtains to fancy lace curtains to satin fabric. Choose the fabric wisely. For eg: For bedrooms you can choose nice lace curtains and for dining room something which doesn’t become dirty easily and so on. Also choose a fabric which you can machine wash, if you don’t want to give them for dry cleaning.
- Durability: If you are someone who love to change curtain every year you need not go for a fabric which are too durable. Opt for cheaper options in that case. On the other hand if you want to your home curtains to stay forever choose expensive curtains which are more durable. Machine wash will ruin expensive fabrics so give them for dry cleaning.
- Cost: It’s all upon how much you want to spend. You’ll get simple cheap curtains which may not be very durable. If you want an exotic look for your home, go for expensive options. You can still select cost effective options by wisely selecting rods and hooks(plastic ones are cheaper than metal). Check online stores for cheaper and discounted options.
- Kids curtains: Go for curtains with your kid’s favorite cartoon characters and superheroes images printed on them. You can make your kids room look more interesting. Also don’t forget to choose their favorite color 😀
- Choose your style: The style comes from your personality. You can either select a retro style curtain and give your room a vintage touch or choose more colorful options and add fun to you room. Try pastel shades and give an elegant touch to your home.You can also go for very simple curtain and give a very minimal look. Options are many, choose something which makes you feel happy when at home after a hectic day of work.