It’s scorching summer again and all you want to do is sit inside AC and gulp litres of water and nothing else. Summer is the best time for weight loss as there is no chance of frequent hunger pranks because of the frequent liquid intake, but what about the essential nutrients your body need. Along with drinking loads of water, it’s essential to keep a note on the intake of nutrients. We may switch to fresh juices or fruits but nothing is more satisfying than gulping water. Infused water is the solution here where you can satisfy your thirst drinking water along with the intake of the goodness of fruits and vegetables. I make sure to switch to infused water during summer.
What is infused water: This is just normal water, but you are infusing the flavour of fresh fruits or vegetable or herbs or aromatic spices.
Add the ingredients you picked to make infused water in a huge glass jar, fill in water and leave it for about 2-3 hours depending on the ingredient you selected and then refrigerate it overnight. The next morning you can drain the infused water from the jar into a bottle and consume it, also, reuse the ingredients by filling more water to the jar. Repeat it for one or two days until you feel the ingredients has no more flavour. You can make a whole new batch of infused water with the same or combine different fruits or vegetables.
You can make a whole new batch of infused water with the same or by combining different fruits or vegetables. Drink this infused water the whole day instead of normal water.
Below are few simple options of infused water with seasonal and easily available ingredients.
- The most simple and instant one being lemon, mint, ginger. These three are easily available ingredients in your kitchen. Slice 2 lemon into thin pieces, smash a piece of ginger and some fresh mint leaves into a glass jar with two litres of water. Wait and refrigerate as said above. Consume this water whole day.
- You can add cucumber, water melon to the above and make it more refreshing.
- If you want to add more fruits you can add berries, oranges, melons, apple, pineapple and lot more.
- If you are someone like me who also want to get rid of body fat you can add veggies like beetroot, carrot, cucumber etc.
- Apart from these, you can include thyme, rosemary, cinnamon, curry leaves etc to make the infused water more flavoursome.
- Another option is to make infused ice cubes and store it in the freezer and use it white plain water when needed.
- Always use a glass jar to make infused water. Plastic jars are a big no as plastic is not good for your health.
- Try to keep it simple. Use 2 or 3 Ingredients to make Infused water. Don’t over do it.
- I always prefer citrus as one ingredient as it helps to burn excess fat along with detox, so try to include lemon or oranges.
- It’s better to peel and use the lemons and oranges to avoid the gradual sourness.