My grandmom used to say that these costly skin care creams are of no use and nowhere near to the simple DIYs we prepare at home. Half-heartedly though I used to nod head. But now I know she was so right, nothing to beat our home made skin care remedies. The easily available items from your kitchen can make your skin glow. Only thing you need is a little time and patience
Below are few Simple Skin care tips from your kitchen
- Lemon and Honey: This works for me the best 😀 I can guarantee you that lemon and honey can make your skin glow. Apply lemon honey mixture on face and wash after an hour. It effectively cures sun tan, acne etc. . Also, drinking lemon and honey mixture in luke warm water every morning empty stomach shreds extra fat from the body. It forms a best fat-free energy booster.PS: Lemon may not suit all.
- Papaya Pack: The benefits of papaya for skin and health is well known. Take a cup of chopped papaya and mash it properly in a mixer. Mix 2 teaspoons of honey in the mashed papaya and apply on your face and neck and leave for 30 minutes. Wash it off with luke warm water. It’s the best for anti aging and tan removal.
- Oatmeal and Milk – Soak 3 tablespoon of oatmeal in milk and keep it for 3 minutes. Now add 2 spoons of honey and make it a fine paste. Apply it on face and wash after half an hour. Milk is the best natural ingredient for dry skin. You can substitute oatmeal with rose petals, besan(gram flour), almond paste etc..
- Oatmeal milk and honey: Grind oatmeal and make a fine paste with milk and honey, Apply it on face for some time. You’ll find the best results with glowing skin when repeated daily. 🙂
- Coconut milk – Coconut milk helps to hydrate the skin. Mix coconut milk with turmeric powder and apply it on face. This helps in tan removing and skin whitening too.
- Yogurt olive oil- Mix 3 tablespoon of yogurt, 2 teaspoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, keep it for 5 minutes. Apply the face pack and keep it for around 20 minutes and wash in luke warm water. This mask hydrates your skin, removes the dead cells and make it soft and supple.
- Banana face pack: Mash a banana and mix 2 tablespoons of malai. Apply this mix on face and leave for few minutes. Doing this on a regular basis will make your skin smooth and flawless 🙂
- Girls with oily skin can try Multani mitti : You can make the face pack with either curd/honey/rose water/ coconut water and apply on face and neck area.
- Turmeric: Fresh turmeric is one of the effective natural skin care ingredients. Apply turmeric paste made with milk on your face and notice the difference.
Grandma’s tips are the super special ones which can be magical, be it kitchen tip, beauty tip or anything.