It’s the recipe day 😀 I am a foodie and I love cooking too 😉 Today am sharing a dessert-Ribbon Pudding, my BFF’s master piece. When ever I visit her back in home town she is supposed to prepare her special Biryani and ribbon pudding for me. 😛 I will post the Biryani recipe later. There is nothing in the world to beat the fun times spent with best friends.
- Mix gelatin in the ice-cold water and leave aside for 15 mins.
- Boil 3 1/2 cups of milk in a thick bottom pan and add the sugar when it starts boiling, stir the milk well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take a bowl, mix the custard powder with remaining 1/2 cup of milk, the mix should be lumps free.
- Now add this custard milk into the boiling milk and keep stirring at medium heat until the mixture thickens. This would take about 10-15 mins.
- Once the custard thickens, add the gelatin which would be in the form of a jelly by now.
- Keep stirring on medium heat, until the gelatin jelly gets dissolved. Once done, switch off the heat and allow in to cool to the room temperature.
- After cooling add the fresh cream after a quick Whisk
- Dissolve the coffee powder and coco powder in the ¼ cup of boiling water each in two separate bowls.
- Divide the custard into three portions in three different bowls
- Add the coffee mixture, coco mixture and vanilla essence to each of the three bowls of custard mixture.
- Grease the mould (any vessel of your choice, the pudding takes the shape of the mold after setting) with some butter.
- Layering – In the mould, pour the coffee custard portion and allow it to set in freezer for 10 to 15 minutes or (until it is set). Then pour the vanilla custard portion and set it in the same sway, finally repeat the same with coco custard portion.
- When set properly, unmold (do up side down carefully) the ribbon pudding to the serving plate.
- The 3 portions of custard need not be divided equally. Vanilla lovers can thicken the vanilla layer, coco lovers can thicken the coco later.
- You can also try strawberry,butterscotch, pineapple flavors.
- Vegetarians can skip gelatin and use china grass (agar-agar) instead.