You guys would’ve read our post: house party or pub hopping ( here) . As promised here are the tips to plan a house party and these tips are not just for the host 😉 . These are purely based on my experience as we often host/ attend house parties 😀 .
- First and the foremost, be part of the discussion when planning house party so that later you need not crib about your favorite drink/ food/ games missing.
- Fix time in advance and please reach on time, Even if it is a house party be punctual, Why should others wait for you.
- If your are planning a theme party do inform everyone and be ready with the costumes and props for all.
- If you are not hosting the party it doesn’t mean that you should go to the party empty handed, you can prepare any of your favorite dish or a dessert and take it to the party, This will bring variety in food and little burden on the host can be reduced
- If there are kids coming for house party, do make some arrangements for their leisure time, like games, their favorite yummy looking food and juices, cartoons in projectors, toys etc .These things can be easily arranged
- A good music system is a must for a house party. Be ready with a CD or pen drive with some great songs, and please select those songs which everyone present in the party can enjoy and dance on.
- Instead of using your crockery set do get some paper plates. This will make your cleaning job much easier.
- When you decide the menu for drinks and food, do consult with everyone, and make a list of items which every one can enjoy.Always make a menu which is yummy but easy to prepare.
- If you keep house parties frequently, select the venue on rotation bases So that a single person or a few people need not be the host everytime.(being host is actually a tedious task 😛 )
- The day after the party is gonna be a cleaning day for the host, So those who are attending the party try not to make the house too dirty. ( I cant say to keep it clean, which is impossible in a party 😉 )
- Do your bit, offer help to the host in kitchen or during serving
- When you arrange a party outdoor in your courtyard or lawn make sure its gonna be a pleasant climate, during extreme summers, winters or during heavy monsoon its better to keep the party indoor
What is your idea of a perfect house party? 🙂
Image courtesy: https://www.google.co.in/