It’s always OK if your first cake attempt didn’t come out well. Let me share a secret with you, the very first time when I made a cake it was a disaster. The consistency was more like a pudding. No I didn’t give up my hope, the second time I tried a different cake recipe and the cake came out like a thermocol. Again I dint give up, the third time I tried another recipe and finally my cake came out perfect. So never give up if your initial attempt don’t come out good. Sometimes you just require a perfect cake recipe to make an awesome cake. Always start with a simple recipe, once you are confident enough then try out the complicated one. Today let me share a simple pineapple flavored cake recipe. The good part is its Ok if you don’t have pineapples at home. This is basically a pound cake recipe, I just added flavors to it.
Flour : 100 gm ( if measuring in cup one cup minus 2 table spoon )
Butter 100 gm ( at room temperature)
Sugar ½ cup (measure it before powdering)
Pineapple essence 1tsp
Salt a pinch
Yellow food color a pinch
- First sieve flour and keep aside.
- Beat the egg till soft , I used electric beater, you can use mixer or food processor and beat it for 2-3 minutes.
- In another vessel beat the butter and powdered sugar and blend well.
- To this add egg mixture and blend it well. Then add pineapple essence, yellow food color, and salt . Give it a nice mix. Keep aside your beater. ( Pour the mix in a huge bowl if you are using a mixer or food processor)
- Finally Start adding the flour little by little, make sure you don’t use beater any more. Use your spatula or ladle and fold it slowly.
- The cake mixture can be a bit thicker compared to the normal ribbon dropping consistency, But don’t worry it will come out good.
- Grease the cake tin.
- Transfer the whole mix to the greased cake tin and bake in a preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into it comes out clean. The baking time differs depending upon the oven you are using, so keep an eye in between once it reaches at 20 minutes.
- Make sure the butter and eggs are in room temperature
- You can make simple vanilla pound cake just by substituting pine apple essence with vanilla essence.
- If you are using salted butter no need to add salt
- The cake is yummy as it is, icing the cake is just optional