Bring me any fruit and I will end up making dessert out of it :D. I don’t like to eat fruits so whenever we get fresh fruits I start to google for recipes. And google never disappoints me, there are always a lot of options like Juices, ice-cream, panna cotta, mousse etc but I always prefer pudding. Pudding is easy to make and tastes heavenly, also I love how it melts in our mouth. Today , I have come up with an easy orange pudding recipe. Do try it and let me know the feedback.
Orange juice – 4 (make fresh juice out of it)
Milk – 500 ml
Custard powder – 1 ¼ tb spoon
Sugar – ¾ cup
Gelatin- 1 ½ tb spoon
Fresh cream – half cup
Orange essence – ½ tea spoon (optional)
Orange food color – a pinch (optional)
Soak gelatin in half cup cold water for 10 mts
Dissolve custard powder in ½ cup cold milk
- Boil the remaining milk in a pan. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Then add milk with custard, stir continuously till the mixture is thick.
- Once the custard-milk-sugar mixture thickens, add the gelatin which would have turned into a big jelly like lump.
- Immediately switch off the gas and continue stirring it until the gelatin gets fully dissolved.
- You can transfer this mixture into a larger bowl to allow it to cool faster.
- Once it’s in room temperature add fresh cream into it. Don’t forget to beat the fresh cream before adding.
- Finally add orange juice, food color and essence, give it a good mix and pour into the pudding mould or a tray and refrigerate it.
- Make sure the pudding mix is in room temperature before adding fresh cream and orange juice or the milk will curdle
- Substitute gelatin with agar agar(china grass) if you are a vegan.
- You can add bits of orange flesh into the pudding mix before setting it. Its tastier to bite orange in between.
- You can adjust the quantity of sugar depending on the sweetness of the orange.
- Do not remove the pudding from refrigerator until it’s set. It would take about 4 hours to set the pudding perfectly