I can’t even recall since when did I have the dream of getting a tattoo. It wasn’t an overnight interest or sudden wish upon seeing someone tattooed. I cherished my tattoo dream for a long time. I didn’t want to do it in a hurry because for me tattoo is just not a style statement or to show off how cool I am, it’s something which shows my true self, how I present myself.
Choosing a tattoo design was the least botheration for me. I had chosen and decided long back that my first tattoo would be ‘yin yang’. Basically it’s a Chinese symbol which describes how seemingly opposite or contrary forces may actually be interconnected and interdependent. I do believe that every evil person has got some goodness in them just like every good person is hiding some evil side. After all that’s all about life. For morning there is night, for happiness there is agony, the sun and the moon, fire and water, light and dark so on. Literally everything has got two sides and i just loved the concept.
Obviously my parents were the first to outcry when they heard about my tattoo plans but as always when your spouse supports your wish nothing can stop you from doing it. Being an impatient person I don’t know how I waited for the apt moment to get it done. It was during my Bangalore visit, me and my two besties went on to get it done finally. My pain endurance has always been high so it wasn’t as painful as it was rumoured to be. I would say I am totally satisfied with my tattoo.
For all those who are planning to get a tattoo note this in your mind:
- Choose your tattoo design wisely as whenever you look at it, it should evoke some positivity in you like confidence, motivation, positive energy or anything. Tattoo shouldn’t just be a random eye catchy design. Choose something that you can relate to your life or what you are passionate about. Remember that tattoo is something which we are going to carry with us to the grave.
- Choose the best tattoo artist and studio. Don’t go for the cheap ones or ‘do one get another tattoo free’ kind of deal: D First visit the tattoo studio, have a chat with the tattoo artist, discuss your requirements and clear all your doubts.
- Never rush, take your time and wait for the right moment. Once you have chosen the design stop asking opinion and suggestions from others. It’s your choice and it’s your body so stick to what you choose. You are not there to satisfy all. There may be some who may give thumbs down for your choice. So it’s best not to ask multiple opinions.
- Talk to your tattoo artist about the post care of your tattoo. Post tattoo care depends upon different tattoo artist. So stick to what your tattoo artist advised and follow the procedure carefully.
- Finally, you are going to hear few irritating comments or fake expert advice like “oh it lacks perfection, you could have done it in some other place, what is this design actually, you might regret it when you get old”…….and so on. Just one word for all those remarks – “IGNORE”. You don’t want so much negativity in your life. Just smile and ignore.
Even though tattoo is a permanent mark, you can always undo it through laser treatment or can go for a cover-up tattoo. If you choose your tattoo wisely you will never regret about it.