How is this year’s summer treating you guys? Here in Delhi we’re having a tough time, especially living on the top floor gives you ‘a getting baked’ feeling 😀 . During summers I try to find short cuts and easy recipes so that I can finish cooking and run away from kitchen at the earliest 😀 . Fruits and salads are a must along with all the three meals. One thing I love about the summer is mangoes. I stock them for smoothies and custards. Last weekend I tried something new and simple. I thought, why not share my Mango panna cotta recipe with you guys too
Mango panna cotta: Ingredients
Mango pulp: 2 cups
Full cream milk: 2 cups
Fresh cream: 1 1/2 cups
Sugar: 1 cup
vanilla essence: 1 tsp
Gelatin: 4 tblsp (vegetarians can use china grass: 15 gms)
- Soak gelatin in half cup of cold water.
- Select nice ripe mangoes, peal and cut into pieces. Blend them and make fine pulp.
- Take a pan and mix the milk and fresh cream and boil it in low flame.
- Add sugar into the boiling milk and cream mixture and keep stirring
- Add gelatin and remove the mixture from fire once the sugar is completely dissolved. Let it cool
- Add mango pulp and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now pour the mixture to a mould and refrigerate for about 3-4 hours
- Once the Mango panna cotta is set remove it from the mould cut, garnish and serve chilled.
- If you’re using china grass(agar agar) boil it in half cup of water and add in the pan along with milk and cream.
- You can adjust sugar as per your taste.
- Do not remove panna cotta from the mould until it’s set.
- Instead of pouring the panna cotta in mould you can transfer it into shot glasses and serve them after setting.
- Adding half a teaspoon of mango essence along with vanilla essence would make the panna cotta yummier.
This was my version of mango panna cotta, it’s an easy but yummy option to serve your guests instead of usual custards and fruits salad.