Usually we don’t make junk food at home thinking that either the recipe is too complicated or it won’t taste the same like in food joints. I was very reluctant to try pizza at home. The recipe was there in my cook book for a long time. So one day I thought why don’t I just try it for once and even if it turns out as a disaster I can always order pizza from my favorite joint So keeping that as my backup plan I entered kitchen with positive energy. Thankfully I had all the ingredients at home. So after my tough rustling session with the dough I was very much relived by how my homemade pizza has come out. So this is the simple version of homemade pizza recipe. As it was my first attempt I thought to keep it simple!
Ingredients for dough:
Maida/All purpose flour: 1 ½ cups
Active dry yeast : 1 tablespoon
Milk: ¼ cup
Luke warm water: ¼ cup
Sugar : ½ tablespoon
Salt: ¾ teaspoon
Olive oil : 2 tablespoon
For Pizza topping:
Mozzarella cheese : one cup or more
One cup each of sliced onion, tomato, capsicum(I kept it simple)
half cup shredded chicken (optional)
Tomato sauce: 2- 3 tablespoon
Black pepper: 1 teaspoon
Chilly flakes: ½ to 1 teaspoon (as per your spice preference)
Italian herbs and Pizza sauce and olives (optional)
- Firstly preheat oven for 210 degree C.
- Add the yeast to lukewarm water and leave it aside for about 5 minutes, mix it well making sure yeast has dissolved.
- In a broad vessel add olive oil, sugar, salt and water, stir well until the sugar dissolves.
- Then add yeast and milk to the mixture. Combine well.
- Now add flour to this and knead well. The dough shouldn’t be over sticky or too dry.
- Grease large bowl with oil and keep the dough in it. Oil the dough all around lightly. Keep it covered with a wet cloth for about two hours, dough will be double in size by then.
- Again knead the dough for few minutes and roll out in the form of pizza base.
- Prick the base with a fork so that the sauce can get inside the pizza.
- Spread tomato sauce all over the base. Sprinkle few mozzarella cheese, over that onion, tomato capsicums, shredded chicken.
- On top of that sprinkle freshly ground black pepper and chilly flakes and seasonings.
- Finally scatter the rest of the cheese on top of it.
- Place it in a greased non stick pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes till the base turns golden brown
Tada…. Yummy homemade pizza is ready. Do try it and let me know your feed back
- If the dough is too sticky add flour and if its too dry sprinkle some water or oil.
- Toppings can be anything of your choice like corn kernals, baby corn, mushrooms, zuccini, olives, paneer and what not..
- Non vegetarians can try variety oh meats like ham, chicken salami, tandoori chicken etc
- You can use sauces and seasoning your choice.