You are the happiest when your family eats healthy and stay happy. Every day I used to have a tough time deciding the varieties of breakfast as the boys at my home hate Poha, Upma, and even Oats. I had to stick to Dosa, Idly, Corn flakes or bread most of the time until I decided to try roasted oats.
At our home, we hate the soggy oats cooked in milk. But we love corn flakes and other cereals with chilled milk. So I decided to roast the oats and give a try and thank god! Boys loved it and now roasted oats are one among our staple breakfast.
Everyone knows how to cook oats and each of us have our version or method of serving oats. I’m going to share my version of roasted oats- two ways.
Oats: 3- 4 table spoon
Chilled Milk- One cup ( Any milk of your choice)
Flax seeds- Roasted 1 teaspoon
Honey/ Sugar – 1 tea spoon or As per your taste
Fruits- Any fruit of your choice ( I had Banana at home today)
Dry fruits/nuts of your choice- 2 table spoon
Roasted Oats Bowl-
- Roast Oats in low to medium flame for 3 to 4 minute, until it turns brown and the raw taste goes off.
- If your flax seeds are not roasted add it to the oats just 30 seconds before putting off the flame.
- Cut fruits into small pieces and keep aside
- Chop the dry fruits/nuts. Here I added 4 almonds, 2 raisins and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- Take a bowl, add the cut fruits, dry fruits/ nuts, roasted oats with flax seeds, add honey, and finally add a cup of chilled milk.
Enjoy your Roasted oats bowl which is healthy and yummy at the same time.
Roasted Oats Smoothie:
- If you love a healthy smoothie for breakfast, transfer the roasted oats bowl into a mixer and grind it into a smoothie.
- Add more milk if needed.
- Transfer the smoothie into a serving glass and add some ice cubes.
At our home, I love Roasted oats bowl where as Gautham and my brother love smoothie.
- Make sure you do not burn oats, also be sure that you are not serving raw oats. The key is perfectly roasted oats.
- For Sweetness, you can use either sugar, honey or maple syrup. I sometimes avoid sweetener if I get to add some sweet mangoes.
- You can add banana, apple, peach, mangoes, kiwi or any fruit of your choice. The more the variety of fruits the yummier your bowl would be.
Hope you loved the recipe. Do give it a try and let me know. Also, do please share your oats recipes in the comments below.