I was on a short trip to my hometown. Well, as part of our daily BFF conversations, we decided to visit Wayand which is not far from our hometown ( 4 hours drive -120 km stretch with ghat section) . we started searching for hotels and resorts near Kalpetta. We were particularly searching for resorts as our aim was to continue that conversation we started in the back bench during our college days 😀 . We headed to search in TripAdvisor. After lot of research and discussion we finalized Greenex farms
We called them up and enquired about the tariff and stuff. We got prompt reply about the whole package and facilities available. Unlike many other resorts, here the check-in timings was quite flexible. They told us to get down at a specific point and as promised the driver with the jeep was waiting for us. From the main road it was a 4 km drive through the tea estates.
The check-in formalities were completed in the reception( which was an open area attached by dining hall) within no time and we were moved to our room.
Initially we opted for tree house. There were a number of room options and the best part is no two accommodation resembled each other and was far away from one another. So if you are looking for privacy Greenex is the right place 🙂
- Tent House had a beautiful view from the balcony, a blend of adventure and luxury.
- Tulip the tent shaped cottage was quite spacious. Later we shifted to tulip as tree house was a bit far from the reception area and we wanted to feel safer 😀
- Petunia resembled a hut. The walls of the washroom were by bamboos You’ll feel nature even while in loo 😀
- Sunflower was another option, rather which had a small tea table and chairs outside to sip tea and enjoy the beautiful nature :). Petunia and sunflower, the rooms looked comparatively smaller.
- Orchid: This was our favorite. It looked quite luxurious and the best for honeymoon couple 😀
- Greenhouse is manly for groups who come as singles. There were 12 single beds in the form of bunker.
- Marigold looked like a old traditional house with 2 bedrooms, hall and all amenities. This one would be good for family and friends get together.
Greenex farms is spread across 11 acres with coffee plantations, cottages, a huge natural swimming pool, play area, interesting trekking tracks, fruits and vegetable farms. They also have got a small farm with ducks, turkeys, hens and dogs.
The whole resort was set in such a way with interesting pointers and route maps that we felt we were on a treasure hunt. We never felt the need of guidance or instruction from the staff. It was some kind of an expedition for us to walk walk and explore and we bet we had the best cardio exercise those 3 days 😀 .
About food and restaurant: We were given option of buffet/ala carte. As we were the only guest for the first two days we were treated royally :D. We gave options among our favorite cuisine and we were never disappointed. From breakfast to dinner it was a yummy spread. 😀 The dinner was served in the camp-fire area surrounded by lanterns and small diyas. It all looked quite exotic..
Coming to our favorite place in Greenex and where we spent most of our time. The pool side was near marigold room and it was 5 minutes trek from where we stayed. A natural pool without the smell of chlorine unlike the usual swimming pools, while onshore there were hammocks for lazy bums 😀 , a play area and an amphitheater. You got options to play badminton, cricket and football. A small rafting area is under construction. You can spend your whole day lazing around and lying there listening to the birds chirping. Don’t forget to apply mosquito repellent or else you’ll have hard time scratching and waving off the mosquitoes 😀
We would highly recommend Greenex farms to couples, friends and family get-together’s and those who wants to spend some quality time with nature, away from the virtual world.
How to reach there:
Get down in Kalpetta, the staff will come and pick you ( You’ll need to pay for pick up and drop)
- The 4 km stretch road to the resort is not in a good condition. Be cautious while driving if you’re coming in your own vehicle.
- Carry and apply mosquito repellent whenever you step outside your room. They provide it in the resort too.
- Don’t leave any eateries open in the room while you’re not around. By the time we were back after roaming an ant colony was formed in our room. Not to worry they provide hit in every room 😀
- Rather than checking what to eat, tell them your preferences, they will cook your favorite food as per the availability.
- Girls don’t forget your sunscreen 😀
- There are cycles available in resort. If you’re good at cycling grab a cycle and roam around.( Many of the cycles were punctured though 😛 )
- You also get to drive two-wheeler and an ATV (for all those adventure junkies)