The wedding is coming near! You wanna look your best! I have a magical DIY (do-it-yourself) glycerin rosewater and lemon night lotion that will not only give you an additional glow but make your skin super soft! I know in the very hectic schedule you seldom get time to make your own lotions/creams. But brides often go to any extent to look gorgeous. This glycerin rosewater and lemon recipe can last for months. So you can prepare appropriate quantity and store it in the refrigerator.
Also refer to our post on pre wedding grooming.
You need :
1. Glycerin (available at any pharmacy)
Glycerin keeps you skin hydrated and moisturized by attracting moisture and water towards skin.
2. Rose water
Rosewater also helps to maintain the pH of skin.
3. Lemon juice (prefer natural extracts )
Lemons’ antibacterial and anti-fungal properties make them a natural alternative to treat acne.
1. Mix Glycerin and Rosewater in equal quantities. About 60 ml rose water and same amount of glycerin can last up-to 3 months if applies on face and neck only.
2. Add 1/3rd lemon juice to this mixture.
3. Store this in a clean sterilized bottle. Try and refrigerate the lotion if you are storing for longer duration.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
Glycerin is commonly used in beauty products such as cosmetics and soaps. Its properties make it very good for the skin and leave skin feeling smooth and moisturized. It absorbs very well into the skin. The best thing about glycerin is that it moisturizes skin without making your skin oily. Glycerin keeps you skin hydrated and moisturized by attracting moisture and water towards skin. It holds moisture in the skin.
Rosewater acts as a mild antiseptic for skin irritations, acne and hydrating skin and body. Also reduces inflamed and helps maintain the PH level of the skin. Rosewater is also safe to use in dermatitis and eczema affected skin. After a tiring day, simply spray rose water on your face for cooling skin and relaxing.
I can go on and on about benefits of lemon on your skin.Tanning, acne, dry lips, oily skin, blackheads.. Name it and lemon does it for you. While using anything always keep in mind that anything in excess is not good. So try using it in moderate quantities for the beginning and see if you do not get any reactions. Sensitive skins often do not react so well to lemon.
Benefits of Glycerin,Rosewater and lemon together:
1. Lightens skin without making it oily or too dry. So suits all skin types.
2. Removes acne and blemishes
3. Ideal moisturizer and makes skin baby soft.
4. Anti- aging and delays wrinkles (So brides mom/dad also can use this.)
5. Give s a glow to the skin.
Theknotstory tip :
- If you feel the lotion is too sticky add more rose water to it till you feel is ideal for you.
- Mix this to your face-packs or sandalwood powder once in a while to remove tan effectively.
- Use overnight by replacing your night cream.
- You can use it on your arms and legs also.
- Girls/guys anyone can use it.
- Avoid usage if it causes any-kind of reaction.
Feel free to write to us about your experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org