The health benefits of banana is known to all. From digestion to skincare, the goodness of banana goes on. They are rich in vitamins, potassium, certain minerals and many more and one of the cheapest options for good health and skin.
Apart from these, bananas are also good for our hair growth. A natural DIY hair conditioner which makes our hair healthy and silky. For the chemically treated hair banana adds moisture and reduces dryness and frizzyness.
Below are few DIY hair conditioners which I found helpful;
Banana- Honey Mask: This is the simplest. Mash 1 banana to a fine paste and mix in 3 table spoons of honey( My hair is very short, so increase the quantity of banana and honey if you have lengthy hair). Apply it in the hair and scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with luke warm water. You can use it as a face mask too
Banana-Oil Mask: Here you can use your favourite oil. I mix a bit of coconut oil and olive oil. Same as above add the banana puree to the oil and mix well. Apply it on hair and scalp. Rinse off with luke warm water after 30 minutes.
Banana-Yoghurt Mask: Yoghurt helps in hair fall control and also in dandruff control. Mix 1 or 2 puréed banana in a cup of thick yoghurt and apply it on the hair and scalp as well. Wash off after half an hour. If you tend catch cold it’s better to avoid the yoghurt mask. This doesn’t suit me at all, but it’s on of the best mask for hair.
Banana-Coconut milk Mask: Make a mixture of 1 mashed banana and half a cup of thick coconut milk. Apply it thoroughly on your hair and rinse it off after half an hour.
- Apply a very mild shampoo and conditioner after rinsing off the mask.
- I have given a very simple version of the conditioner. You can mix banana with the above two to three ingredients and make your own hair mask.
- Make sure you mash banana to a fine paste, else it will be difficult of apply.
- Those who have cold and sinusitis leave the mask for a maximum of 10-12 minutes.
- Never wash your hair in hot water.