Well to begin with after launching this Honeymoons page I thought I would start with my own honeymoon destination. We went to Destination Mauritius (After arguing between Venice and Miami ! Now I think I should have settled between any of these:-P). Let me tell you that I had a fabulous trip and absolutely love the place. We took a Package of 6 days and 7 nights from Thomas cook. (Chose Thomas cook because me and the husband absolutely had no time to plan it ourselves as were working till the very last week until the wedding and they are a good name in the business)
These guys are extremely co- operative when planning your holiday! They gave us a choice of hotels/resorts of their choice. But since we were hell bent of a resort and not a hotel (Since it’s a small country its always better to stay in resorts by the beach where you have stuff to do!) We researched a little bit and found that the move n pick resort suited us. I am a complete water person and anything by the beach is attractive to me 😛 It’s such a gorgeous resort with facilities like snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boating and what not.
So our package for destination Mauritius given by Thomas Cook included:
• Economy class return Airfare on Mauritius Airlines
• Airport taxes
• Accommodation on Half-board basis (including breakfast & dinners excl drinks)
• Airport – Hotel – Airport Transfers.
• Meet and greet at airport
• Full Day South tour including visits to Floreal, Volcanic Crater at Trou Aux Cerfs, Grand Bassin,Black River Gorges & Chamarel (including entrance fee)
• Full Day North tour including visit to Port Louis, Caudan Waterfront & Pamplemousses Garden**(excluding entrance fee)
• Full Day Ile Aux Cerf island tour with speed boat transfers
• Service of Local Representative during stay
• English Speaking Driver Guide
The serene surroundings, clean beaches excellent service, good food, and restaurants and other activities is what makes this place my favorite. Absolutely loved the breakfast. Excellent ambiance.
What I don’t like about the resort:
Bland same type of Indian food (For people who prefer to eat Indian food only on trips abroad)
Far from the airport and the city!
Water is way too overcharged. You might want to buy your water bottles from the local market! When we went in the market the water bottle was for Mauritian Rs. 30 and in the resort Rs.200!!!
What I love about Mauritius:
- Excellent weather.
- No traffic and extreme calmness.
- Lot of adventure activities. So if being mushy is not your things go adventure hopping.
- Long gorgeous stretches of serene beaches.
- The speed boat ride to Ile Aux Cerf island is out of the world!
What I don’t like about Mauritius:
Nothing. I loved the place.
Where as you will find the main market in Port Louis. There is nothing special or different about the stores or the market in general. So you can make the shopping a miss in Mauritius.
Places you can miss in your guided tour:
Pamplemousses Garden : If you are not a botanical type of a person you can totally give this place which takes up half your day in the sun so give it a miss.
Things to do on your off days from the tour :
Split your adventure activities in 2 days.
And take a day off to explore your resort if staying in one.
If staying in a hotel go to the local casino if a fan of gambling.
Needless to say last but not the least spend some romantic time with your spouse 😛
Also always request a personal CAB instead of going on shared transfers! I personally don’t like enjoying holidays with unknown people.
If any questions don’t forget to write to email@example.com