If you ask me which is my favorite holiday destination I would say Goa in one breath, and most of us would agree to that. The feel of Goa is something you cannot explain until you visit Goa. Note: We are not talking about the crowded Goa, but the calm and quite Goa during Offseason.
We end up visiting Goa at least once a year and most of the times it is an unplanned vacation where we accompany our friends.
During our recent visit to Goa, we stayed in a couple of places. I have already reviewed Casa Anjuna here.We also stayed in Hotel De Baga Deck Comforts and I thought to share my views about the stay there.
De Baga Deck comforts is located on the Baga- Calangute road and so location wise it was the best pick for us. It’s located just above the De Baga deck restaurant and pub that was the best part about our stay.
When in Goa we try not to choose resorts as we love to spend our time in shacks and beaches. If you are one like us you can go for De Baga Deck Comforts. We checked in during the afternoon and it took some time for us to do the check in formalities. The management was a bit laid back and slow.
After finishing the check in formalities we reached our allotted rooms. We loved the room at the first sight itself. We loved how they have maintained the rooms with all the necessary facilities. The room had neatly spread bed, tea table, and chairs along with good storage facility with lockers. Washrooms too were very neat and tidy.
The hotel also had a decent swimming pool where we spent our remaining time after beaches and pubs 😛
Hotel De Baga Deck comforts is about 650 meters from Baga beach and less than a Kilometer from Calangute beach. You can walk around or you can easily rent a bike and roam around the beaches, shacks, pubs.
The best part about the hotel is its location, right in the heart of Baga. De Baga Deck Restaurant and Pub on the ground floor is open 24 hrs with good music and karaoke. We thoroughly enjoyed our late nights there. After late night pub hopping we used to return to De Baga Deck restaurant just to spend our time sipping our favorite drink. They play really good music throughout the night. We sat in the open deck restaurant mostly, they also have a closed A/C dining room inside.
Few things to keep in mind if choosing De Baga Deck Comforts:
- Baga Deck Comforts is located just in front of the main road so do expect noises of vehicles passing by.
- If you are looking for peace and silence De Baga Deck Comforts is not the place for you.
- The management was a bit lazy and laid back while responding. We never tried the room service as we loved the ambiance of the restaurant below.
- The restaurant staff and bar boys were amazing and prompt at service.
- Even though the room boys did a great job in cleaning they were too noisy. We could hear them yelling even during midnight.
- There is no free-wifi in the rooms, for wifi you have to go to the reception area, restaurant or pool area.