Being a sweet tooth I never miss to make dessert especially when we have guests. In fact the first thing that I decide and plan is to make dessert, only then I’ll think about the starters and main course. Out of all the dessert my all time favorites are pudding and cakes. I can never say no to them no matter how tummy full I am 😛 I think puddings are comparatively much easier to prepare . The only thing that is required is a lot of patience. You need to wait until the pudding gets set. So here is a simple recipe of dates pudding.
Dates are a very good source of dietary potassium, protein and fiber. It’s a yummy but healthy dessert and kids would never say no to dates pudding I bet 😀
Dates : one cup
Milk: 4 cups
Sugar : one cup
Custard Powder : 2 table spoon
Gelatin : 3 table spoon
Cold water: ½ cup
Now you can buy grocery online from Askme.
- First Soak dates in 3 – 4 tbsp of milk , I used mother dairy milk for about 30 minutes and then grind it into smooth paste( the dates would be similar to coffee color)
- Mix gelatin in half cup ice cold water and leave for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, take custard powder in half cup milk and mix well with no lumps.
- Now take a deep and thick bottom vessel and boil the remaining milk, keep on stirring.
- When the milk is about to boil add sugar , I used organic sugar and keep on stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Reduce the heat and add custard mix into milk. Stir until the milk custard mixture thickens.
- Once the custard is thickened add gelatin and stir well.
- Add dates paste and blend the mixture well and switch off heat.
- Transfer the pudding mix to a flat tray and wait till it reaches room temperature and then refrigerate it.
- Wait patiently until the pudding is set.It would take minimum 1 to 2 hours for the pudding to set normally.
- You can add finely chopped dates along with the dates paste for the crunchy bite in between.
- You can add chopped almonds on top for garnishing. I didn’t have almond’s at home.
- Vegans can use agar agar instead of gelatin. ( Agar agar need to be soaked in hot water)
- Use good quality dates.