You have happily planned for your wedding. You have had all the flowers set and your dresses fitted. You have already gathered your something new, something old, something blue and something borrowed so that everything will be ready on your big day. Are you sure that everything is really set? How about those little things that you don’t mind a lot? Are you prepared that your wedding day might be ruined because of these little unexpected things?
Of course, you can still do something to make your wedding day the wedding that you really want. How? Start creating your emergency bridal kit.
To start with, you may wish to have a tote bag to carry all your essentials to your forthcoming occasion and ceremony. Select a tote bag that has plenty of rooms, but be sure that it matches the theme or color of your wedding. You may choose to have a bag that is personalized for your wedding. It may have your name imprinted on it. Opt for a tote bag that also has numerous pockets so you can easily find whatever it is that you need.
Now, what are the things that you need to collect before your wedding and be in your bridal emergency kit? Here are a few things that you may consider including in your kit.
- Wedding shoes, jewelry, veil and garter – Of course, all of these are needed need during the wedding day. Hence, they should never be forgotten or misplaced.
- Tissues – You will need a lot of this. It is expected that there will be one person who will cry during the big day. It may be you, your future husband, any of your parents or in-laws.
- Regardless of who will choose the tissue, it is better to have it prepared anytime you will need it.
- Band-aids – This can be used in case of emergency such as when one of your flower girls or bridesmaids gets a paper cut.
- Bobby pins – A flimsy hairstyle normally needs some nice re-touching from time to time and a pin can always be a nice weapon.
- Colorless nail polish – This can fix different tears, rips, and other unexpected fashion disaster.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss – There is nothing more terrible than smiling for your portrait with a something in between your teeth.
- Freshening mints – This is important for a minty fresh, perfect kiss.
- Sewing kit – You can use this for clearing out loose threads and beading repairs.
- White chalk – You may think this as a silly idea, but a white chalk can cover stains on your white dress.
- Deodorant – You need to smell good all throughout that big day; hence a deodorant that comes in handy can be very helpful.
- Make up – Definitely, you will need a lipstick and foundation to make a retouch.
- Comfortable shoes or slippers – You can wear this few hours before the event to give your feet a chance to rest.
- Healthy snacks like granola bars – This is essential in case you feel weak before the ceremony.
- Last but not least, surely, your bridal lingerie is also already set for the exciting honeymoon after the wedding.
It is an excellent idea to prepare your bridal emergency kit a day before your wedding. This way, you are sure that you will not forget anything. While in the reception venue, you can ask one of your bridesmaids or your maid of honor to hide your bridal kit in a place where it can easily be accessed by you.
Guest Poat by: Sunny Popali