Sometimes you need a vacation to relax and to learn. Bali is the perfect blend of the beautiful beaches and the Balinese culture & art form to learn.
There is a number of tourist destination in Asia and among them, Bali is one of the most famous and most visited destination. Those who love beach vacations must have Bali in the top of their list. Do you guys know that the beautiful Bali was awarded as the best Island in the world by The International Travel Magazine? If you haven’t visited Bali or if you have not added Bali in your travel list you must do it and below are some of the must visit places when in Bali:
Everyone is aware of the hectic Mumbai life. Mumbaikars can take a break from the Mumbai traffic and busy life to enjoy the beautiful Bali. You get various options for Mumbai to Bali flight
- Tanah Lot: Tanah Lot means ‘land in the sea’, it’s a rock formation off the Indonesian island of Bali. Tanah Lot is an ancient Hindu temple and is among one of the most famous destinations in Bali. It’s believed to be the work of 16th century architecture and has an important place in Balinese mythology. Tanah Lot temple is one of seven sea temples around the Balinese coast. The Temple sits on a large offshore rock which has been shaped continuously over the years by the ocean tide.
A perfect frame for those who love photography.
- Ubud terraced rice fields: Do you love greenery and nature? Tegallalang Rice Terraces in Ubud should be in your travel list. The beautiful paddy field is truly a treat to the eyes. The ancient traditional Balinese cooperative irrigation system called Subak is used to irrigate these terraced paddy fields. Ubud is a culture because of its importance to art & culture. Ubud is also famous for the restaurants or cafes and places to stay at every budget.
- Kuta Beach: Beach lovers can spend your time in and around Kuta Beach. It is one of the most famous beach in Bali. Even though Kuta beach was once a calm fishing village, now it’s known for night the life. The beach is also mostly crowded during evenings and is a surfer’s paradise.
- Pura Besakih: Bali has a number of famous Hindu temples and Pura Besakih is the most important, largest and holiest temple of Hindu religion in Bali. It is believed to protect the island from evil. Pura Besakih is an extensive complex of 23 related temples. This is in the village of Besakih on the slopes of Mount Agung.
- Ubud Monkey Forest: Ubud Monkey Forest is another place in Bali with spiritual importance. The visitors can feed the monkeys as well as enjoy the walk in the dense forest. Ubud Monkey Forest has three beautiful temples where you can explore the ancient architectural excellence. You will see the Balinese long-tailed monkeys here playing, eating, grooming and running behind humans for food.
- Mount Batur: How many of you have seen an active Volcano? If the answer is no, then you should not miss Mount Batur when in Bali. You can hire a guide and trek to Mount Batur to see the sunrise. The most recent eruption of Mount Batur was in the year 2000. Mount Batur is located at the center of two concentric calderas North West of Mount Agung on the island of Bali, Indonesia. There is a beautiful crater lake here called Lake Batur.
- Goa Gajah: Bali has a number of temples/monuments built with architectural excellence. Goa Gajah is a cave temple with marvelous carvings which has historical importance. The entrance of the cave have demons carving which are believed to be an elephant and so Goa Gajah is nicknamed as Elephant caves.
- Uluwatu Temple: Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one among the seven major temples in Bali. The sea temple of Uluwatu is built on the edge (ulu) of a rock (watu), hence the name. Uluwatu temple is believed to have been built in 11th century. Only Hindu worshippers are allowed to enter the temple. The temple is believed to protect Bali from sea evils. You can enjoy the beautiful sunset on the cliff along with the famous Kecak dance performance specially arranged for visitors.
Staying at a beautiful place is most important especially when you are in Bali. Ayana resorts and spa in Bali provides one of the lovely stay options with beautiful scenery around and stay on top of a cliff. Ayana’s majestic sunsets and ocean-front views are complemented by a white-sand beach and a luxurious stay. It’s your choice to choose among the magnificent ocean view or to have a dip in ocean beach pool or rejuvenate yourself at the luxurious spa.