*This post comes in popular demand!*
Girls, it’s time to get those winter boots & sweaters back in. You guys might have read thenautanki’s version (the boy’s version) of getting ready for summer here 😛 Guys are happy with their shorts, shades and a chilled can of beer. We need to take double care compared to guys. Our silky hair and smooth skin need protection from harsh sun, agree girls? 😉
- First and foremost never go out without applying sunscreen. A decent brand of sunscreen with atleast 30+ SPF would do good in this harsh summer. It’s better to carry the sunscreen in your purse and reapply it when required. Our personal favorite is the lotus one!
- Always keep a bottle of water in your bag. During summers our body tends to loose the water content which isn’t good for body, skin and hair. Do drink lots and lots of water. We recommend minimum 3 bottles!
- Try to stay away from aerated drinks and switch to fresh fruit juices, fresh lime, tender coconut water etc.
- Never ignore your moisturizer and toners. Keep hydrating your skin when needed.
- Carry a scarf when you step out to protect your hair and skin from harsh sun.
- Exfoliating your skin during summer is very important as it helps to remove dead skin and do not forget to hydrate skin after exfoliation.
- Try homemade simple face packs using papaya/yogurt/cucumber etc which helps to keep your skin cool and moisturized. Everything good begins in the kitchen you see.
- Keep cleaning and moisturizing your face ( I am repeating this coz you need to repeat this twice or thrice a day 😛 )
- Try to step out before 11 in the morning and after 6 in the evening.
- Do not forget to pamper your hands and feet with your favorite hands and foot cream.
- Paint your nails with bold summers shades to protect tour toes and finger nails from harsh rays and carry your chic look 😀 .
- Use a lip balm with decent SPF. Don’t forget to try bright summer shades of lipstick and glosses 😉
- Carry your shades with you every time you go out to protect your eyes. My husband says that half of my face gets covered by my huge shades 😛 but I go by the mantra when it doubt put your shades on!
- Take good care of your hair too. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, reduce the use of straightener, cutlers etc
- Eat healthy. Reduce the intake of red meet during summers. Include fresh fruits, yogurt etc. Not to mention it’s the best time to hog kulfis, cold coffees and ice creams 😉
- Keep your shorts, skirts and sleeveless tops ready.