“Beti…khush kabri kab doge?” The most common question a newly wed girl need to face ever since she gets married. C’mon auntiji… she is just married let her enjoy her honeymoon period! The common misconception among all uncles & aunties is as soon as you get married you ought to be pregnant. That’s it!!! So, the question remains Any good news?
And the first 6 months of marriage is considered as your probation period, being in 21st century it’s extended up to a year. But after a year, your deadline is finished and they will even hunt you in your sleeps
After that you need to be well prepared while attending a party or any family function, as they will be showering with questions like:
- ‘Are you still on family planning?’ ( Grrr… So what? You got any problem with that?) ‘No aunty nothing like that’ (a fake smile fitted).
- There’s a Dr xyz, a famous infertility specialist, You should consult her. (I wish you could consult a psychiatrist first) OK will see to it aunty.
Just imagine about facing the same questions and suggestions from each and every person we meet in a function…Phew!!!!
The worst part is when they get bored with the same question and suggestion; they upgrade it by asking the next version (more pathetic) :
- ‘Who has got the problem?’ (It’s you woman, if at all you could stay away from my personal life my problems might get solved) ‘We both are fine aunty, there’s nothing to worry about’.
- ‘What did the Dr say’? (Ohh!! I didn’t know that you are an infertility specialist and you know everything about follicular study, endometrium, ovary, embryos, semen analysis etc…Grrrrr %#@&%) ‘Reports are normal aunty’.
- ‘How many years have you been married?’ – The longer the years the louder they make wired noises like “Awww!!! Ohhhh!!!sigh!!!.. Poor you”.
- And please… going for a infertility treatment doesn’t mean that they are bringing someone else’s baby.
I can’t understand the satisfaction these mood spoilers get by asking this every time they see these couple. Give them some time and peace so that they can plan and sort it out. They are going through a hardship during their treatment, both mentally, physically and financially (if you guys know how much these infertility treatment costs). Over the top these bugging query from acquaintance can be torturing .Nobody can understand the trauma they are going through unless you face the same situation. Hiding their sorrows with a fake smile takes a lot of effort. Infertility is just a temporary situation; with gods grace miracle can happen any time.
And if not it’s not the end of the world. They deserve to live a peaceful life, so stop bothering them and mind your own business!!!