Aloe Vera is already well known for its amazing uses when it comes to skin health. From dry skin to acne, Aloe Vera has the potential to deal with all of it so much that it is now a part of many skin products such as face washes, soaps and even lotions.
But how exactly does Aloe Vera help in tackling acne and pimples in particular? Let’s find out…
How it Works
Aloe Vera is naturally blessed with many properties that make it one of the best natural products to tackle acne and pimples.
- It has tough antibacterial properties that prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria and lessen the infection.
- Its cooling and soothing properties also help prevent the redness and inflammation of the skin prone to acne.
- Its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties play a role in speeding up the healing of damaged tissues and areas of the skin.
- Aloe Vera also contains magnesium lactate, which relieves itching and burning sensation which is commonly observed during acne.
- The gel of the Aloe Vera plant is thought to help speed up the regeneration of skin, and also helps to reduce the appearance of acne scars by naturally lightening the skin.
- Its astringent property helps remove the excess oil and dirt on the skin, and leaves it feeling fresh and clean.
- Aloe Vera also contains a compound known as salicylic acid which unclogs the pores and reduces progression of acne and removes whiteheads, blackheads and other related skin problems.
- It is also thought to help balance the pH of the skin.
- Recent studies have found that Aloe Vera contains saponins which kill the bacteria and viruses that are responsible for not just acne, but many other skin problems as well.
Using Aloe Vera for Acne/Pimples
Now that you know how Aloe Vera plays a huge role in reducing the severity of your acne prone skin, it’s time to understand how exactly you could put this wonder herb to use.
Drinking half a glass of Aloe Vera juice daily can help improve vitality of the skin. If you’re not really comfortable with the idea of consuming Aloe Vera, you could also choose to apply it topically. Simply extract the gel from an Aloe Vera leaf and apply it directly to the acne-prone skin, and leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off.
You can also choose to use Aloe Vera creams and soaps, but it is best to use it in its natural form and avoid products that may contain chemicals and other additives that may be harmful for the acne-ridden skin.
Inputs from BeautyGlimpse.com
PS: Sponsored post