Travelling to a new place is like therapy where you get to know about the culture there, food, scenic beauty and what not! When it comes to vacation in India, there is one destination everyone look towards, a holiday in God’s Own Country aka Kerala, one of the most sought-after destinations not just nationally, but internationally too.
Below are the 5 Must Visit Destinations in Kerala highly suggested by Kerala Tourism industry:
1) Trivandrum – The southern most out of the 15 districts and capital of the state. The well-known Kovalam beach is not to be missed when you visit Trivandrum. The famous Padmanabhaswamy Temple is considered as the pride of the city. The temple is believed to have treasures guarded by serpents. The palace is still owned by the royal family and run by the temple trusts. Besides these, there is Poovar Island, Napier Museum, Zoo etc.
If you travel further south (approx. 92 km) you reach Kanyakumari. Watching the sunset from the Vivekananda rock here is a special experience. Kanyakumari is where you can see the Triveni sangamam (where Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal meet).
2) Backwaters of Alleppey / Kumarakom- Now this is our favourite destination. We bet you would never want to come back from the beautiful backwaters of Alleppey, and the houseboat ride is the most amazing part of all. You can either go for a stay in the luxurious houseboat or look for a resort stay by the backwaters along with a day-long ride in the houseboat. There are also beaches to explore in Alleppey but backwaters is what we vouch for and the special fish preparations which you get in Houseboat and hotels around here are a special treat to foodies.
3) Kochi – Known as Queen of Arabian Sea. Even though Kochi is slowly becoming the IT hub, you can still feel the charm which the Portuguese left behind. The Jew street with graffiti’s on the walls, the vintage buildings, the aroma of spice shops across the street would take you back to the olden times. You can do street shopping in Jew Street, go for a boat ride near the beautiful Bolgatty palace, and take tons of pictures during sunset along with beautiful Chinese fishing nets. There are temples, churches, museums, synagogues and more to visit in Kochi. Athirapally waterfall is about 53 kilometres from Kochi.
4) Munnar – Munnar is a perfect honeymoon destination.It’s about 5,200 feet above sea level in the Western Ghats. Kerala is known for its humid climate but Munnar is quite different and nowhere like the usual climate in Kerala. So it’s one of those destinations where you can plan a trip throughout the year. Munnar is an ideal destination for trekkers too. There are dams, waterfall, and wildlife and if none of these interests you, choose a luxury resort for pure relaxation
5) Wayanad – Wayanad is another beautiful hill station. You can visit Wayanad either for relaxation, for adventurous trekking experience or for your honeymoon or even a family tour. Wayanad will never disappoint you. There are a number of amazing places in Wayanad like the Edakal caves, Chembra peak where you can do small treks. Then there is Kuruwa Island, Pookott Lake and more to see here. But we prefer enjoying the beauty of forest and wildlife in a beautiful resort as we have covered the beautiful places already: D One of the things to do in Wayanad is to stay in a house on the Cliff or in a tree house.
Book your tickets in advance for a tension free vacation. Like we said earlier, travel is a therapy and vacation which involves hustle free travel is the best vacation. So what are you waiting for, plan it