Most saturday mornings becomes busy morning for us. It goes at lightning pace starting with getting up a bit early, freshening up, breakfast, getting ready & rushing for the movie Well, Saturday morning should be creative and not lazy:P This week we chose 2 States, much awaited movie. I ain’t a chetan bhagat fan and so haven’t read most of his books (don’t kill me for that ) other than One night at call center, the 3 idiots & 3 mistakes of my life which made me feel like drinking the same vine in different containers with different snacks. Having said that, this movie is another romcom worth a watch. Read through…
2 States is a film with a typical chetan bhagat story , good cast, no drag and enough laughs. What I loved about the movie other than Aliya’s performance is the relationship between Arjun Kapoor & his dad. Oh, by the way I saw IIM A (without entrance), now I know where the canteen is and how easy the placement interviews are. For me the first half was kind of a funny tour inside IIM A along with the awesome Alia bhatt & Arjun Kapoor and they took us around through the hostel rooms (we saw a lot of this), class rooms, the canteen, the campus, the students and the convocation ceremony there.
The laugh riot is triggered by three different style jokes:
Madrasi vs Punjabi – They have displayed this in a healthy manner taken in a way that no one gets offended. Sample Dialogue – haaaye, ye to madrasi hain!! (amrita singh)
Girl’s vs boy’s jokes – These are the ones which you get to see along with the IIM A tour. These jokes are situational and hence they trigger the laughter somehow.Sample Dialogue – Ananya – Tum ladkon ke dimaag main sirf ek iii cheez hoti haina? Krish – Yes!
Parent’s vs Kids Jokes- Other than the above two, the attractive ones were the parent’s vs kid’s jokes. Khoobsurat punjabi ladkiyan sab mar gayee kya? (Amrita Singh)
I have written the simplest ones which i remember, you will see many more in the movie.
All in all this is a fine entertainer, a good watch and one movie where we can see major part of the audience in the Movie hall trying to match the scene in the movie and dialogues with the ones in the book (irritating).
The Attraction for Girls:
- Other than the story, the cast, jokes and songs something which girls are going to love is the dressing, décor & accessories used by the cast. You can see Alia in pretty skirts, casuals & shorts in the first half while in the second half you will see her mostly in traditional dresses, Saree’s, Lehenga’s.
- Also the character Ananya is portrayed as a smart, open minded, modern, stylish Independent girl who has her own opinions and is not afraid of speaking out her mind.
- And last but not the least, The charming Arjun Kapoor
The Attraction for Guys :
- Stunning, bubbly and charming alia bhatt I heard a boy sitting behind us saying “She is Hot man”
- A free tour of IIM A & a mock placement interview
- Confidence about the love stories in their life.
2 States is a good watch, a romcom which keeps you entertained till the end and touches your heart somewhere because most of the scenarios in the movie where Parents vs Kids part happens can be correlated. A good movie to watch with your family. There are a couple of intimate scenes and hence the movie is given a rating of U/A. The songs were also good